5.08.2015

{February} Stitch Fix -- Blue Clear Sky


In my last post, which was, embarrassingly, eons ago, I touched on the subject of how my handsome husband and I came to be a couple.

This morning as I was driving to work, one of my favorite tunes came on the radio, and it occurred to me that the particular song is probably the most perfect representation of how Derek and I managed to become an item.


It also reminded me of just how much I ADORE good, old-school country music.

There's something about good country music that causes me to pause for moments in time, stopping to reminisce about people, places, and events that have passed.  I get so sappy and feel such a connection to much of the country of yesterday.

{Well, except for the corniest of corny country music songs.  I'm talking corny as in "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk".  I didn't feel a connection there.  NOT corny as in "Watermelon Crawl."  I can get down to some "Watermelon Crawl," ya'll.}

I've always been a sucker for country music.  As a matter of fact, I have a hard time trusting people who lack an appreciation for my friends George, Willie, Merl, and Hank.

There's just nothing that compares to their era of music.

As far back as I can remember, country music has been my favorite genre of music.  I can remember exactly where I was the moment I first heard that rumble of thunder, followed by Garth's lyrics, "Three thirty in the morning.  Not a soul in sight...."  It was in the backseat of my dad's silver Dodge Dakota pickup, and boy did we wear the mess out of that cassette.

{Granted, I can't remember to dress Cane appropriately on "Picture Day".  EVER.  But I can remember, with great clarity, that moment in the Dodge.  I can also sing every lyric to "Achy Breaky Heart."}

I've never considered myself a true "country girl," even though living in a town with no stoplight surely qualifies a gal to be, and yet the trends I am finding most fascinating here lately are those that only a true, blue country girl could pull off.

I'm not talking "country girl" as in Daisy Duke shorts and a crop top emblazoned with a silhouette of The Man in Black.  Although that look is quite adorable on young 20-somethings, I'm thinking people with children should shy away from that style.

No, I'm talking the "country girl" styles like those of The Pioneer Woman, Jen Hatmaker, and the Duck Dynasty wives.  I'm so fascinated with the cool things they wear.  ESPECIALLY THEIR BOOTS.  Have I obsessed over boots enough on this blog?  I think not.  I encourage you to go follow them all on Instagram right now.  You won't be disappointed.

My February Stitch Fix was another great one, and many of the items could have had that country flair to them, if paired up with the right pieces and adorned with the right accessories.  As always, I really wanted to keep all five items. Because of a few fit issues, I was only able to keep two of the five items, but I have high hopes that one day I will be able to snag a whole, entire box for my own......to keep forever and ever, amen. 

{Gotta love some Randy Travis.}

For a variety of reasons, I suspended my March and April Stitch Fix boxes, so I am really, really looking forward to opening up my May box.  I'm seeing visions of brightly colored maxi dresses in my near future.

Here you have it:  February's Stitch Fix.

*NOTE:  I failed to get a photo of myself wearing any of the pieces before I had to send them back.*


ITEM #1:  Moraga Space Dye Cardigan (by Renee C)
If you've ever read even one of my blog posts, then you can surely guess that I loved this cardigan.  It is now apparent to me that I have an obsession with cardigans.  It is also apparent to me that Stitch Fix manages to find the best cardigans in the stratosphere.  I love, love, love this, and because of this fact -- I probably wear this article of clothing way too much now.
STATUS:  Kept

ITEM #2:  Lizza Floral Print Short-Sleeve Blouse (by 19 Cooper)
Because I am a cheater, I already knew that this top was coming.  The print is gorgeous, but the fit wasn't so gorgeous.  The top was way too big, unfortunately.  Isn't it pretty, though?!
STATUS:  Sent Back


ITEM #3:  Avah Knit Top (by Market & Spruce)
I tried this top on a few times, hoping it would grow on me.  It was pretty, but just not pretty enough.  I'm not a fan of the dolman style of tops.  It's just not that flattering on me, especially at a fairly high price.
STATUS:  Sent Back

ITEM #4:  Yana 3/4 Sleeve Striped Dress (by Loveappella)
Isn't this dress cute, too?!  I had pinned this dress on Pinterest, but the simple fact is that this dress fit a little too good.  I tried it on three times, but something about it just felt inappropriate.  Clearly it isn't an inappropriate style or cut, but it was just a little too snug in certain places.  It's too bad, because I really liked it!
STATUS:  Sent Back

ITEM #5:  Alexandria Antique Coin Necklace (by Bay to Baubles)
I pinned this necklace on Stitch Fix, and it was even prettier in person.  I don't have a good photo of it, other than the photo below that Stitch Fix had pinned on Pinterest.  I've worn this several times, and my only complaint is that my hair tends to get tangled in it.  Oh, well.  Small price to pay!
Channeling cool bohemian vibes with this assortment of accessories. #bohostyle

STATUS:  Kept


There are times when I question whether or not I should really be indulging in this whole Stitch Fix thing.  I really do.  However, for the time being, it's just a treat that I enjoy opening my Post Office box to once a month.  There's no denyin', come rain or shine, that's a delivery that will put a smile on my face.

{Bless my heart, it's time to close this post out.  BUT.....bonus points if you can name the corny country music song I referenced there.}
_________________________________________

Want to try Stitch Fix for yourself?  Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment